Saturday, November 12, 2011

NaNoWriMo....Day Twelve



After a -very- unproductive yesterday, I had to play catch-up today. Luckily, I didn't have much going on anything going on today so I could spend it writing.

I only managed about 200 words yesterday, so I knew I had to hustle today if I wanted to make my word count and keep up with the program. It took me all day, but I finally got 3082 words down, all while trying something different.(at least for me)

I switched the point of view from the main character to a minor character....then another one. All still in the third person, just different character perspectives.   I'm hoping it doesn't come off as confusing, but I figure I can always go back and rework it during the editing/re-writing phase if it does.

My grand total, thus far, is 20,115. Slightly over what I need, which gives me a little jump on tomorrow. I'm seeing some of my writing buddies pulling out some huge word counts and I think that's awesome. For me, though, I'll stick with the slow and steady...unless I have a burst of inspiration or the story starts taking off on it's own.

Keep at it, NaNos, we're almost to the half-way point!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...