Monday, June 4, 2012

And, the winner is...




So, I get this comment on my previous post from Jennifer, over at A Creative Exercise blog, telling me she's awarding me The Versatile Blogger honor.

I always knew I was versatile, I just didn't want to brag...*ahem*.

Anyway, a big 'thank you' to Jennifer and go check out her blog. It's pretty versatile, as well.

Now, when you get this award, you're supposed to do a few things....and they are:

  1. Thank the person who gave it to you, which is only the courteous thing to do, and link back to their blog (see above for Jennifer's link).
  2. Write seven random facts about yourself.
  3. Nominate seven other bloggers for the award

Seven Random Facts:
  1. Everyone always tells me I have an amazing recall of actor's names and roles they've played.
  2. As a child, my dad tried to keep me from being left handed so he'd take things out of my left and put them in my right hand. The effect was, I now do some things with my left (write, eat, bowl, play tennis) and some with my right (throw, swing a bat). See, told you I was versatile...
  3. My mom says I taught myself to read, before I entered kindergarten, by watching Sesame Street and Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.
  4. I once did a L.A.R.P. (Live Action Role Play) at a game convention with Bruce Campbell, where he reprised his role as Brisco County Jr.
  5. To this day, I'll swear I saw President Gerald Ford at La Guardia Airport, when we returned from overseas. I was seven at the time.
  6. I started drinking coffee when I was around 10 years old.
  7. I was 42 when I got married for the first time....so, it's true, 42 is the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life. 
The Seven Bloggers

All very worthy and versatile blogs to check out.

Once again, a big 'thank you' to Jennifer for the consideration and, everyone out there,.....keep writing.

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations!
You got to role play with THE Bruce Campbell? Now that is awesome.

Mark Means said...

Believe it, or not, yes I did :) It was at an Origins con quite a few years ago. They were trying out some L.A.R.P. rules for the Deadlands game and, I have no idea how, got Bruce to play along as Brisco County Jr.

It was very cool and Bruce was a great sport. He's shorter than I thought he'd be, though...

Jennifer said...

You got to meet Bruce Campbell AS Briscoe County Jr? Jealous.

Mark Means said...

I sure did and, like I said, he's a heck of a guy and a great sport. Someone who's definitely in touch with his fanbase.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...