Friday, August 1, 2014

Friday Five!

It was a tough week trying to come up with something viable to write about for this post. Not that this is really "viable", but it's the best I could come up with, so be gentle. On the upside....it's short :)

Five things I do every morning.....without fail.

1. Make the bed: We have two bathrooms in our home. One by the guest room, the "public" bathroom, and one in the master bedroom....the "private" restroom. Our bedroom is closer to the game/computer room, so that's the bathroom I frequent....and have to walk past our bed in doing so. I've been (self) diagnosed with mild OCD and seeing an unmade bed all day would, probably, start making me twitch. Plus, it starts my day off with an accomplishment, as small as it may be.

A mug from The Keys
2. Drink a cup of coffee: My mom started me on coffee when I was eight years old. No kidding. She would always make some to dunk her toast in and, me being a kid, I wanted to try what mom was having. I started drinking the coffee after the dunking and, even with the floating crumbs, still found it to be something pretty tasty (yeah, I had weird taste). So, after getting up and getting my bearings, I fire up the Keurig and have a cup of java.

3. Kiss my wife:  To me, it's just as important to kiss your spouse goodbye as it is to kiss them goodnight....and welcome home from work....and "I missed you"....and 'Happy Wednesday...and,well, you get the idea.

Princess Jasmine
4. Pet the cat: Our landlord cat is pretty demanding. She demands a tribute, every morning, of treats....then "lovies". My wife gives her her treats and I supply the "lovies". She likes to stand, walk in a circle, then hunker back down to accept her tribute...purring all the while.

5. Write:  Whether it's something as simple as an email, social media post, blog post, or something to do with one of my current projects, I write something.....anything. The thing to work on, now, is to make it more of my projects and less of the other stuff.

So, there you have it. Five things I do every morning. Why five? Well, any more and I'd have to bring my other hand into it to figure things out :)

Anything you do every morning? Besides wake up, that is.... =D



12 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

First thing in the morning, I'd be lucky to count to five.
Can't do coffee but I do kiss my wife every morning before I leave for work.

Jeremy [Retro] said...

first thank the gods i am alive, turn computer on, tend to the animals, coffee... and then make breakfast for the wife and those same dang animals.

cleemckenzie said...

You may have had trouble coming up with 5, but the ones you wrote about are perfect!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

My morning is about the same as yours...only add in a couple of attention seeking hounds...oh, and I hardly ever make my bed. My poor OCD hubs makes it. I could care less.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I just added the I could care less and now grammarians are cringing- sorry guys! LOL

S.P. Bowers said...

I have to make the bed too. I'm trying to instill this in my kids. They don't seem to care too much, but they will when I'm done with them Muaaahaaaahaaa.

Andrew Leon said...

Get up?
I'm pretty sure every morning I get up.

Arlee Bird said...

I loosely make the bed so that it looks neat, but I don't get too technical about the process. I heard somewhere that a tightly made bed is a good place for cultivating some kind of bugs or something and it's better to keep the bed coverings loose. Probably an excuse not to make up a tight bed, but I'm okay with that advice.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Suzanne said...

1. Crawl out of bed after another night of not sleeping. 2. Ensure everyone gets off to school/work on time. 3. Clear up after everyone!

Robin said...

Every morning I drink coffee. Every morning I water the garden. Actually, I water the garden first and then drink coffee. I also look for ripe veggies in the garden. I read, write, blog or all three. And I eat. Every. Day. Sometimes three times. Sometimes only twice.

Robin said...

Just came back to say that a tie is unacceptable in Battle of the Bands. You are *required* to come back immediately and vote. It just won't be the same without you weighing in.

LD Masterson said...

Every morning? Let's see... 1. Let the dog out and prepare her breakfast. 2. Fill the bird feeders in the yard (yup, every morning). 3. Have a mug of hot tea. 4. Read the Bible. 5. Check my e-mail. You will notice there is no mention of making the bed, which I may not bother with at all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...